Another day at the office

Another day at the office

Sunday, March 21, 2010

T-minus 12 days until Boggs 8hr XC

Time is ticking.  I just got my bike together and took it out on it's first ride since it's makeover.  I dumped the Lefty like yesterday's trash and installed a Fox F29 FIT Remote.  The last time I mounted my SS bike was back in early November.  I figured I should probably get in a few dirt rides before racing for 8hrs.  So last Tuesday my friend Adam and I blasted out to pre-ride the Boggs course.  It was as if I had been riding my mtn bike all winter.  The bike performed flawlessly on the 4 hour ride.  I decided to go back to Boggs on Thursday to hit it once again for another 4 hours with my friend and fellow firefighter Keith Flood.  Like clockwork my trusty 29er SS crushed the descents and blasted up the climbs.  I think I'm ready.  I might just go back for another 4hr day on Tuesday with Brian Staby and Keith.  I'll post a pic of my bike soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment